SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga – Hunters, before you head to the woods this deer season, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division wants you to be aware of the following errors in the printed version of the 2015-2016 Georgia Hunting Seasons and Regulations Guide.
According to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division, the printed guide contains the following errors:
· Page 12 – The text beneath “Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass (GORP)” refers to requirements for hunting licenses, not GORP. See page 41 for details on GORP, or visit www.georgiawildlife.com/georgia-outdoor-recreational-pass.
· Page 28 – The deer either-sex days for the Chattahoochee National Forest east of I-75 are Oct.31 and Nov. 28. One of the dates printed in the guide is incorrect
· Page 29 – The map on this page refers to deer-dog season dates (the legend is not included). Also, parts of Lanier, Pierce, Ware, Washington and Wayne counties are not open to deer-dog hunting. DNR will notify deer-dog permit holders advising them about areas open to deer-dog hunting in these counties.
· Page 32 – Hunting with dogs is not allowed in Lanier and Lowndes counties.
· Page 69 – Some WMAs allow extended dates for furbearer dog training from Aug. 1 to March 19 (see table on this page and individual WMA listings for details). Furbearer dog training is also allowed during furbearer season dates that coincide with WMA seasons for small game, unless specified otherwise in the specific WMA listing.
· Page 76 – There is no hunt scheduled at Fort Yargo State Park this season.
· Page 76 – The hunt dates for Panola Mountain State Park are Nov. 17-18. The dates for this hunt on page 76 are incorrect. However, the hunt dates for Panola Mountain State Park on page 58 and in the quota system are correct.
These errors have been corrected in the online version of the 2015-2016 Georgia Hunting Seasons and Regulations Guide, but hunters should make note of the misinformation if using a printed copy.
The online guide is at www.georgiawildlife.com/hunting/regulations.