AUSTIN – Fourteen lucky sportsmen are making special plans for hunting season as winners of this year’s Big Time Texas Hunts. The hunters were selected by random computer drawing from applicants in the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department program. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Hunting
Use of short-barreled rifles now legal for taking wildlife in N.C.
RALEIGH, N.C. — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission announces that the state now allows the use of short-barreled rifles while legally taking wildlife. A short-barreled rifle is defined by the N.C. General Assembly as “any rifle with a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches.” Continue reading
Errors in Georgia Hunting Regulations Booklet
SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga – Hunters, before you head to the woods this deer season, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division wants you to be aware of the following errors in the printed version of the 2015-2016 Georgia Hunting Seasons and Regulations Guide.
According to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division, the printed guide contains the following errors:
· Page 12 – The text beneath “Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass (GORP)” refers to requirements for hunting licenses, not GORP. See page 41 for details on GORP, or visit www.georgiawildlife.com/georgia-outdoor-recreational-pass.
· Page 28 – The deer either-sex days for the Chattahoochee National Forest east of I-75 are Oct.31 and Nov. 28. One of the dates printed in the guide is incorrect
· Page 29 – The map on this page refers to deer-dog season dates (the legend is not included). Also, parts of Lanier, Pierce, Ware, Washington and Wayne counties are not open to deer-dog hunting. DNR will notify deer-dog permit holders advising them about areas open to deer-dog hunting in these counties.
· Page 32 – Hunting with dogs is not allowed in Lanier and Lowndes counties.
· Page 69 – Some WMAs allow extended dates for furbearer dog training from Aug. 1 to March 19 (see table on this page and individual WMA listings for details). Furbearer dog training is also allowed during furbearer season dates that coincide with WMA seasons for small game, unless specified otherwise in the specific WMA listing.
· Page 76 – There is no hunt scheduled at Fort Yargo State Park this season.
· Page 76 – The hunt dates for Panola Mountain State Park are Nov. 17-18. The dates for this hunt on page 76 are incorrect. However, the hunt dates for Panola Mountain State Park on page 58 and in the quota system are correct.
These errors have been corrected in the online version of the 2015-2016 Georgia Hunting Seasons and Regulations Guide, but hunters should make note of the misinformation if using a printed copy.
The online guide is at www.georgiawildlife.com/hunting/regulations.
Need help with voting?
Outdoor Channel Kicks Off 8th Annual “Gear Up And Go!” Consumer Campaign
OUTDOOR CHANNEL KICKS OFF 8TH ANNUAL
“GEAR UP AND GO!” CONSUMER CAMPAIGN
WHO: Outdoor Channel, America’s Leader In Outdoor TV, and a variety of popular outdoor consumer brands.
Hunter for the Hungry and the NRA
What is Hunters for the Hungry?
The names of the programs in the states may vary, but in general, they’re all cooperative efforts among hunters, sportsmen’s associations, meat processors, state meat inspectors and hunger relief organizations to help feed those in need. Continue reading